How will you top these gorgeous biscuits? With strawberries? Blueberries? Raspberries? All three? Truth be told, they're tasty enough to eat on their own, fresh from the oven, with just a dash of butter. But we have to admit; they're downright spectacular topped with crushed fruit and a dollop of freshly whipped cream.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 egg, well-beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
1. Combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, egg and milk. Let stand about 2 minutes
or until cereal softens.
2. In medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using
pastry blender, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cereal
mixture, stirring only until combined. Turn dough out on lightly floured board and
knead gently about 5 times. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. Brush with melted
margarine. Fold over and roll out again to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with floured
2 3/4-inch biscuit cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
3. Bake at 450° F about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot or cold, split and
covered with fruit.