Legend has it that this pie filling is so sweet that one has to shoo away the flies.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- or 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3/4 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- or 3 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup light molasses
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1. In medium mixing bowl, combine the 1/2 cup KELLOGG'S Corn Flake Crumbs,
the 1 1/4 cup flour, salt and granulated sugar. Add oil and water, stirring with fork
until well mixed. With back of spoon, press mixture evenly and firmly in bottom and
on side of 9-inch pie pan to form crust. Set aside.
2. Measure the 3/4 cup crumbs, the 3/4 cup flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg,
ginger, cloves and brown sugar into medium mixing bowl. Cut in shortening with
pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Set aside.
3. In small mixing bowl, combine molasses, water and soda. Pour 1/3 of molasses
mixture into unbaked pie crust. Top with 1/3 of the crumbs mixture. Repeat twice,
ending with Crumbs.
4. Bake at 350° F about 30 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely before
Varation: Easy Bran Pie Crust may be substituted for above pie crust.