Sesame Seed Chicken
Sesame seeds give this crispy, oven-fried chicken a whole new flavor.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 4 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- or 2 cups Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger
- 3 pounds chicken pieces (with or without skin), rinsed and dried
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted (optional)
1. Combine KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal and sesame seeds in shallow dish
or pan. Set aside.
2. In medium mixing bowl, beat egg and milk slightly. Add flour, salt and ginger. Mix
until smooth. Dip chicken into batter. Coat with crumbs mixture. Place in single layer,
skin side up, in shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray or foil lined. Drizzle
with margarine, if desired.
3. Bake at 350° F about 1 hour or until chicken is tender, no longer pink and juices
run clear. Do not cover pan or turn chicken while baking. Serve hot.