Seriously Sloppy Joes
These are not ordinary, run-of-the-mill Sloppy Joes. The saucy meat mixture features chopped fresh vegetables and Kellogg’s® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal for extra texture, nutrients and flavor.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 8 whole-wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
1. In large skillet cook turkey, onion, carrots and garlic over medium-high heat until turkey is brown.
2. Stir in tomato sauce, KELLOGG’S ALL-BRAN COMPLETE Wheat Flakes cereal, zucchini, summer squash, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3. Remove lid. Stir. Simmer, uncovered, for 6 to 9 minutes more or until desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Serve in buns.