Wake up your summer-party menu with this classic Creole dish. Bursting with seafood, sausage, tomatoes, rice and green peppers, this spicy dish loves to show off its Spanish and French heritage. It's easy to make, and even easier to eat! It's a fun and flavorful one-dish meal. Olé!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz., 1 3/4 cups) chicken broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup uncooked, regular long grain rice
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 8 ounces smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 4 ounces skinless fish filet, cubed
- 4 ounces shrimp, cleaned, split lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. In 4-quart saucepan, combine onions, green pepper, garlic, broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, thyme, cayenne pepper and bay leaf. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in rice, KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and sausage. Cover pan and cook over medium heat until mixture starts to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add fish and shrimp. Simmer 5 minutes longer or until seafood is cooked. For food safety, the internal temperature of the fish should be a minimum of 145ºF. Remove bay leaf and stir in parsley.