There's no need to fear - these handheld snacks are super-easy to make. Just roll, stick, dip, decorate and enjoy.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal Buy Now
- 12 wooden ice cream sticks
- 1 package (6 oz., 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Orange or multi-colored sprinkles
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 1/2-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into ball. Insert wooden stick into center of each ball. Cool.
4. In small saucepan combine chocolate morsels and shortening. Cook over low heat until melted, stirring constantly. Dip tops of balls into chocolate. Decorate with sprinkles. Place on wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Individually wrap in plastic wrap. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. In small microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate morsels and shortening. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute or until melted, stirring every 15 seconds. Continue with recipe as directed above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in single layer on wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Kellogg's has reduced the sodium content of Rice Krispies to meet current consumer flavor- and nutrition-preferences. Rice Krispies Treats made with the lower sodium cereal taste great without any added salt, but, if you desire, add 1/4 teaspoon salt to the butter before melting. Continue with recipe as directed.