10 minutesTotal Time:
- 60 Sunshine® Cheez-It® Hot & Spicy crackers
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 pint small oysters
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sunshine® Cheez-It® Hot & Spicy crackers
1. Break crackers coarsely, toss with melted butter or margarine and set aside.
2. Drain oysters and reserve the liquid.
3. Place about 2/3 crumb mixture in layer in bottom of shallow casserole, about 6 cups capacity; cover with oysters and top with remaining crumbs. Combine oyster liquid with milk and stir in salt; pour evenly over top. If desired slide a few whole crackers around sides to make a scalloped edge.
4. Bake in 325°F oven about 25 minutes, or until completely hot and slightly crusty on top.