Scalloped corn is a homey favorite that has been served since colonial times.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups undrained, canned whole kernel corn
- Light cream
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- or 1/2 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
1. Drain corn, reserving liquid. Add enough cream to liquid to make 1 cup. Set aside.
2. In 3-quart saucepan, melt margarine over low heat. Stir in flour and seasonings.
Add liquid, stirring until smooth. Increase heat to medium and cook until mixture
boils, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in corn and eggs. Pour into
10 x 6 x 2-inch (1 1/2 qt.) glass baking dish coated with cooking spray or shallow
3. Mix KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal with melted margarine. Sprinkle over corn
mixture. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
4. Bake at 350° F about 45 minutes or until set. Serve hot.