Savory Waffle Sticks with Fruit Salsa
Crispy whole wheat waffles seasoned with garlic salt make great dipping partners for this refreshing mango-and-pineapple salsa
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2/3 cup finely chopped mango
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon seeded and finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
1. Cut each waffle into 4 strips or wedges. Place in single layer on baking sheet. Lightly coat with nonstick spray. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake at 425 ° F for 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp.
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together mango, pineapple, onion, lime juice, jalapeño pepper and gingerroot.
3. Serve salsa with waffle sticks.