Savory Herb Cheese Ball
Pungent blue cheese, sweet caramelized onion and fresh tarragon team up to season this sophisticated cheese ball.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped onion (about 1 large onion)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled blue cheese or feta cheese, softened (6 oz.)
1. In large skillet heat oil. Stir in onion. Cook over medium-low heat about 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Stir in vinegar and tarragon. Increase heat to medium. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Let stand at room temperature about 15 minutes or until cool.
2. In small mixing bowl beat cream cheese and blue cheese on medium speed of electric mixer until combined. Add onion mixture. Beat until combined. Using damp hands, shape mixture into ball. Wrap in plastic food wrap and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
3. Place the 16 crushed KEEBLER TOWN HOUSE Flatbread Crisps—Roasted Garlic crackers on shallow plate. Roll cheese ball in crackers. Place on serving plate. Serve with additional crackers.