Savory Bran Rice Pilaf
Chopped pimientos, water chestnuts and celery add color and crunch to this savory rice-and-vegetable pilaf. Enriched with All-Bran® cereal for a nutty, sweet taste and fiber, this flavorful side dish is equally tasty made with white or brown rice. A terrific accompaniment to roast pork or fish.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 cup uncooked regular long grain white or brown rice
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped pimentos
1. Cook rice according to package directions, adding bouillon cube and omitting salt and butter in package directions.
2. While rice is cooking, melt butter in large fry pan. Stir in onion, celery, mushrooms and water chestnuts. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until celery is crisp-tender. Gently stir in cooked rice, KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over low heat about 15 minutes. Serve hot.