Not your typical sweet cookie--these peppery, Parmesan cheese-and-corn biscotti go well with a bowl of hot soup.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 3 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons flour, divided
1. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal, the 2 1/2 cups flour, Parmesan cheese, sugar, salt, baking powder, soda and pepper.
2. Process corn in food processor using metal blade about 15 seconds or until
corn is slightly chopped. Add corn, chilies and egg whites to cereal mixture.
Stir together until all dry ingredients are combined. (Mixture will be very stiff.) Place
1 tablespoon of remaining flour on work surface and knead half of dough
10-12 times. Shape into roll 14-inches long. Place on baking sheet coated with
cooking spray. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
3. Bake at 350° F about 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from baking
sheet and cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Cut roll diagonally into 1/2-inch slices.
Place cut side down on baking sheets.
4. Bake at 325° F about 25 minutes. Turn biscotti and bake 25 minutes longer or
until golden brown and crisp. Cool completely. Serve with cream cheese and jelly,
if desired. Store in airtight container.
Yield: 22 slices
Non-fat cream cheese