Sausage and Black Bean Skillet Dinner
A family-pleasing meal cooked in half-an-hour on the stove-top with just one skillet! Perfect for those rushed weeknights.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups frozen fire-roasted whole kernel corn or frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/4 cups
Cheez-It®White Cheddar crackers Buy Now
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Mexican blend cheese
1. In large nonstick skillet cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain off fat. Remove sausage from skillet.
2. In same skillet combine corn, undrained tomatoes, rice, broth and chili powder. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove lid. Stir. Simmer, uncovered, about 1 minute or until most of the liquid evaporates. Stir in sausage and beans. Cook, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
3. Sprinkle with SUNSHINE CHEEZ-IT White Cheddar crackers and cheese. Let stand, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese starts to melt.