Here's a variation on classic beef stroganoff. This homey favorite uses meatballs in place of beef tenderloin.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid red pepper sauce
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) low sodium, condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dry minced garlic
- 1 can (3 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Hot, cooked noodles or rice
1. In large mixing bowl, dissolve 1 bouillon cube in the 3/4 cup water. Add next 6 ingredients. Beat well. Add ground beef. Mix until combined. Portion meat mixture, using level tablespoon. Shape into meatballs. Place in single layer in shallow baking pan, coated with cooking spray or foil lined.
2. Bake at 400° F about 15 minutes or until well browned .
3. In 2-quart saucepan, dissolve remaining bouillon cube in the 1/2 cup water. Stir in soup, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, mushrooms and 2 teaspoons of the parsley flakes. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sauce is thoroughly heated. Add meatballs. Cook until thoroughly heated or until done (160 degrees F). Serve meatballs over hot cooked noodles or rice. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon parsley flakes. Serve hot.