Saucy Beef Bake
A little bit meat loaf and a little bit casserole--this entrée makes a hearty, home style dinner.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) tomato sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- or 3/4 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons parsley
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions until tender. Drain well. Set aside.
2. In medium mixing bowl, combine 1 can of the tomato sauce, eggs, onion,
seasonings, Worcestershire sauce and KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal. Beat well. Add beef and cooked macaroni, mixing thoroughly. Press firmly and evenly into round 2-quart baking dish or 8-inch ring mold coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350° F about 1 hour or until meat is done (160 degrees F). Meanwhile heat remaining can of tomato sauce.
4. After removing beef bake from oven, let stand 5 minutes. Invert onto heated serving platter. Garnish with parsley. Serve with heated tomato sauce.