Santa Fe Southwest Tostada Salad Recipe
Layers of tostada shells are separated by corn, avocado, spicy black bean veggie burgers, tomatoes, ranch salad dressing and salsa in this stacked salad.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled, divided
- 1/2 cup spicy ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers Buy Now
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce or torn mixed greens
- 1 cup chopped plum tomato (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers (2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 12 tostada shells
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 4 green onions, slivered lengthwise
1. In small bowl mash together 1 of the avocados, salad dressing and lime juice. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
2. In large nonstick skillet. Cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean Burgers over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until heated through. Remove from skillet. Cool slightly. Cut each burger into 8 strips. Add corn to same skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 to 3 minutes or until it just begins to brown. Remove from skillet.
3. Chop remaining avocado. In large bowl toss together chopped avocado, burger strips, corn, lettuce, tomato, Monterey Jack cheese and cheddar cheese.
4. Spread salad dressing mixture over one side of each tostada shells. For each salad on a serving plate, layer one tostada shell, dressing side up; some of the lettuce mixture; a second tostada shell, dressing side up; additional lettuce mixture; a third tostada shell, dressing side up and additional lettuce mixture. Repeat with remaining tostada shells and remaining lettuce mixture.
5. Serve immediately topped with salsa, sour cream (if desired) and green onions.