Santa Fe Breakfast Frittata Recipe
Monterey Jack cheese, black beans, bell pepper and veggie sausage patties give a Southwest-flair to this frittata.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties Buy Now
- 1 cup julienne-cut red bell pepper, green bell pepper or combination
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, Pepper Jack cheese or Cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- sliced avocado, lime wedges, sour cream, salsa or sliced green onions (optional)
1. In medium bowl beat together eggs and milk. Set aside.
2. In large oven-safe nonstick skillet cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS VEGGIE SAUSAGE PATTIES and bell pepper in 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium heat about 3 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender. Stir in beans and remaining 2 teaspoons oil.
3. Pour egg mixture over vegetables in skillet. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat. As mixture sets, run spatula around edge of skillet, allowing uncooked portions of eggs to flow underneath. Continue cooking and lifting until mixture is almost set and surface is moist.
4. Sprinkle cheese over top. Broil 4- to 5-inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until top is just set and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with avocado, lime wedges, sour cream, salsa or green onions, if desired.