Salty Bran Snack Twists
Perfect for when you're in the mood for a salty snack. Twist dough into pretzel shapes and sprinkle with coarse salt before baking.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 4 hour 20 minutes
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
1. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and the 3/4 cup
water. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Sprinkle yeast over the
1/2 cup warm water. Stir and let stand 5 minutes or until dissolved. Add to cereal
mixture with sugar, salt and margarine. Mix well.
2. Gradually beat in 2 cups flour to cereal mixture. Work in remaining flour, using
hands,if necessary, to make stiff dough. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 24 hours.
3. Portion into 16 pieces. Roll each piece between hands to form rope 16 inches long
and no more than 1/2 inch thick. Shape into pretzels by looping ends over center of
rope. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Brush with beaten egg and
sprinkle with coarse salt. Let rise in warm place 30 to 45 minutes, until almost
double in bulk.
4. Bake at 400° F about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cool.