Salsa Genovese with Shaved Parmesan
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 15 minutes
- 8 ounces green olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted*
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon capers, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Olive oil
- Carr's® Table Water® Crackers Buy Now
- Shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
1. Place olives in food processor bowl. Cover and process until finely chopped. Add pine nuts, parsley, basil, thyme, lemon peel, capers and garlic. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to airtight container. Cover with thin layer of olive oil. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to 3 days.
2. Drain off excess oil. Spoon olive mixture onto crackers. Top with Parmesan cheese.
*Note: To toast pine nuts spread evenly on baking sheet. Bake at 350° F for 5 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring once or twice.