Salmon Patties with Corn-Avocado Relish
This tangy, refreshing relish of avocado, tomatoes, corn and green onions, provides a nice flavor contrast to the savory, salmon patties.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and finely chopped (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 green onions, sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin or chili powder
- Salmon Patties
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2 green onions, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 can (14 3/4 oz.) salmon, drained, flaked and skin and bones removed
1. For relish, in small bowl stir together avocado, tomatoes, corn, 2 green onions, lemon juice and cumin. Set aside.
2. For patties, in medium bowl combine egg, milk, mustard, dill weed and pepper. Stir in cereal and 2 green onions. Add salmon. Mix thoroughly. Shape into five 3/4-inch thick patties.
3. In large skillet coated with cooking spray cook salmon patties over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned, turning once.
4. To serve, spoon relish onto individual serving plates. Top with salmon patties.