Salmon Loaf with Egg Sauce
Green pepper and onion mingle with canned salmon in the baked loaf. Then it's all topped with a light, lemon sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 can (1 lb. 2 cups) salmon
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Original
- Egg Sauce
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup salmon liquid
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- Parsley (KICRecipeIngredient-27554)
1. Drain salmon; reserve liquid. Remove bones and skin; break salmon into chunks in medium mixing bowl.
2. Add eggs to salmon and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spread evenly in well-greased 9 x 5 x 4-inch loaf pan. Bake at 350° F about 45 minutes. Serve hot with Egg Sauce; garnish with parsley.
1, Melt margarine in saucepan over low heat; stir in flour and mix well.
2. Add milk and salmon liquid gradually, stirring constantly.
3. Cook until thickened, stirring occasionally.
4. Just before serving,add lemon juice and hard-cooked egg.