Salmon Burgers with Basil Mayonnaise
Lemon and sour cream team with fresh basil to create a moist, fresh-flavored salmon burger.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 1 cup Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 can (14 3/4 oz.) salmon, drained, flaked and skin and bones removed
1. In small bowl stir together mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of the basil, 1 tablespoon sour cream and lemon peel. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
2. Lightly coat cold grill rack with nonstick spray. In medium bowl stir together remaining basil, egg, KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKE Crumbs, 1/4 cup sour cream, lemon juice and onion. Add salmon; mix well. Shape into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
3. Grill over medium heat for 10 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.* Serve topped with mayonnaise mixture.
*NOTE: Patties may also be cooked in contact grill. Preheat contact grill for 5 minutes. Cook patties in grill about 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve as directed above.