Robin's Egg Nest Treats™
This cute snack is so much fun to make with your kids in springtime. They can help shape the robin's egg nests and top them with their favorite jellybean "eggs".
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/4 teaspoon water
- 2 to 4 drops green food coloring
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal Buy Now
- JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- Jelly beans
- Chocolate eggs
1. In small bowl stir together water and green food coloring. Add coconut. Stir until coconut is tinted. Spread on baking sheet to dry.
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Divide warm mixture into sixteen 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray. Shape mixture into individual cups. Cool. Remove from pans.
5. Fill cooled nests with coconut, marshmallows, jelly beans or chocolate eggs. Best if served the same day.
Follow step 1 above. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 3 thru 5 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze unfilled cups, place in single layer on wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before filling.