Roasted Vegetables Parmesan
Roasting brings out the natural sweetness of vegetables. These earthy roasted green beans, carrots and onion go well with steaks, chicken, or pork chops.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese or grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, ends trimmed*
- 2 cups baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
1. On foil-lined baking sheet place KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal in 9- to 10-inch circle. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400°F about 8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after 5 minutes. Cool completely.
2. In large bowl toss together green beans, carrots, onion, oil, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Spread in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
3. Bake, uncovered, at 400°F for 25 minutes. Stir garbanzo beans and tomatoes into vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400°F about 15 minutes more or until heated through.
4. Spoon vegetable mixture onto 6 serving plates. Sprinkle with cereal mixture.
*Note: If desired, substitute frozen whole green beans for the fresh. Decrease initial vegetable baking time to 15 minutes.