Black Bean & Roasted Poblano Enchiladas
Instead of a lengthy ingredient list and hours of preparation, these easy enchiladas require just 5 ingredients. The roasted poblano chilies add a slightly smoky flavor to the black bean burger filling.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 3 fresh poblano chilies
Morningstar Farms®Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers Buy Now
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese (divided)
- 2 cans (10 oz. each) red enchilada sauce (2 1/4 cups total) (divided)
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Place poblanos in shallow baking pan. Broil 5- to 6-inches from the heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until skin is charred, turning occasionally. Remove from broiler. Cool slightly. Peel, seed and chop.
2. Meanwhile, cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers according to package directions. Finely chop burgers. In medium bowl combine poblanos, burgers, 3/4 cup of the cheese and 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce.
3. On microwave-safe plate stack tortillas. Microwave, loosely covered, at high for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until pliable. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the burger mixture on each tortilla. Tightly roll up. Arrange, seam side down, in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
4. Pour 1 cup of the remaining enchilada sauce on top of filled tortillas. Tightly cover with foil. Bake at 400° F for 20 minutes. Remove foil. Sprinkle with the remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake at 400° F about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
5. Meanwhile, in small microwave-safe bowl microwave the remaining 3/4 cup enchilada sauce at high about 1 minute or until hot. Sprinkle enchiladas with cilantro (if desired). Serve with the hot enchilada sauce on the side.