Roasted Pears Stuffed with Goat Cheese, Kellogg’s Raisin Bran® and Walnuts
Celebrate autumn’s bounty with these luscious pears stuffed with goat cheese, Kellogg’s Raisin Bran® cereal, walnuts and maple syrup. A cool, lemon-maple yogurt sauce tops it off.
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Kellogg’s Raisin Bran®cereal (crushed to slightly rounded 1/2 cup) (divided) Buy Now
- 2 ounces goat cheese or blue cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 large pears
- 2/3 cup apple juice or apple cider
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1. In small bowl combine 1/2 cup of the crushed KELLOGG’S RAISIN BRAN cereal, goat cheese and walnuts.
2. Lengthwise halve pears. Remove cores. If needed, cut small slices from outsides of pear halves so they stand, cored side up, in shallow baking dish. Spoon cheese mixture into pear halves. In small bowl combine apple juice and 3 tablespoons maple syrup. Pour around pears. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 375° F for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake at 375° F about 20 minutes more or until pears are tender, basting occasionally with pan juices.
3. Using tongs or slotted spoon transfer pears to serving platter. Cover to keep warm. Pour pan juices into small saucepan. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by about half. Drizzle over pears.
4. Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together the remaining cereal, yogurt and 1 tablespoon syrup. Sprinkle with lemon peel. Serve with warm pears.