Roasted Garlic Hummus
Here’s a perfect food to share with friends—hummus spiced with sweet, roasted garlic; tangy lemon juice; and pungent ground red pepper.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 large cloves unpeeled garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sesame tahini
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt or coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Chopped fresh chives (optional)
1. Place garlic cloves on double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil. Fold foil, completely enclosing garlic in foil. Place in shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° F for 20 minutes. Carefully open foil. Slightly cool garlic.
2. Peel garlic. Place in food processor. Add garbanzo beans. Cover and process until finely chopped. Add lemon juice, tahini, water, 1 tablespoon oil, salt and red pepper. Cover and process until nearly smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup chives. Transfer to serving bowl. Garnish with additional chives (if desired). Serve with KEEBLER TOWN HOUSE Pretzel Thins Oven Baked Crackers.