Riviera Burger Recipe
Grilled radicchio, with its distant burgundy leaves and slightly bitter taste, flavorfully complements these Parmesan- and basil-topped burgers.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 medium head radicchio cut into lengthwise wedge (about 2 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 Morningstar Farms® Grillers® Original Buy Now
- 1 tablespoon coarsely shredded Parmesan cheese (0.25 oz)
- 1 teaspoon slivered fresh basil leaves
- 1 reduced-calorie hamburger bun, split
1. Horizontally insert bamboo skewer into radicchio wedge to hold it together. Brush radicchio with oil. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of the vinegar. Set aside.
2. Brush remaining 1 teaspoon vinegar on both sides of MORNINGSTAR FARMS GRILLERS ORIGINAL veggie burger. Grill burger according to package directions. Add radicchio to grill during the last 6 minutes of cooking time. Grill just until radicchio wilts and begins to brown, turning frequently.
3. Coarsely chop radicchio. Serve burger, radicchio, cheese and basil leaves in bun.