Rigatoni Bolognese Recipe
No foreign travel is required to savor this wonder of the Provençal kitchen--rigatoni topped with eggplant, onion, zucchini, tomatoes and garlic.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces (about 8 oz)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2 pieces (about 8oz)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (28oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 package
- 1 package (16 oz) dried rigatoni pasta
1. In Dutch oven cook and stir eggplant in 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat about 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon oil, onion, zucchini and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
2. Stir in undrained tomatoes and Morningstar Farms Grillers Recipe Crumbles. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Toss pasta with tomato mixture. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.