Rice Krispies Treats™ Chocolate Pecan Bars
These bars feature flavors inspired by pecan pie.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup butter or unsalted butter
- 6 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce or caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal Buy Now
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 package (12 oz., 2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
2. Remove from heat. Stir in caramel sauce and vanilla. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal, KELLOGG’S COCOA KRISPIES cereal and pecans. Stir until well coated.
3. Using a buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle chocolate morsels over top. Bake at 325° F for 2 to 3 minutes or until chocolate is slightly melted and spreadable. Remove from oven.
4. Spread chocolate over top. Let stand at room temperature at least 2 hours. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.