Rice Krispies Treats® Cherry Truffles
Scrumptious balls of Rice Krispies Treats® with a chocolate-covered cherry inside!
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 jar (10 oz.) maraschino cherries, well drained and stems removed
- 2 cups milk chocolate morsels
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz.) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 cup cherry-flavored morsels or milk chocolate morsels
1. Pat cherries dry with paper towels. Set aside.
2. In small saucepan melt 2 cups chocolate morsels over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Using fork, dip maraschino cherries into chocolate, completely coating cherries. Place on wax paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate about 10 minutes or until firm.
3. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
4. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated. Using well-rounded tablespoon of cereal mixture for each, make balls with indents. Place chocolate covered cherries in indents. Bring cereal mixture around cherries to completely cover.
5. In small saucepan melt cherry-flavored morsels over low heat, stirring frequently. Drizzle over cereal balls. Let stand until firm. (Or, place on wax-paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate about 10 minutes or until firm.) Best if served the same day.