Rice Krispies™ Aztec Chocolate Truffles
Keep a batch of Mexican chocolate truffles - flavored with vanilla, cinnamon, and a dash of cayenne - on hand for a ready dessert.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour 25 minutes
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut up and softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
1. In a medium heavy saucepan, heat and stir chocolate over low heat until melted. Stir in cream cheese until melted and smooth. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in vanilla, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper until smooth. Cover and chill 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until just firm. (Do not chill too long or mixture will become too firm to shape).
2. Shape chocolate mixture into 3/4-inch balls. Rolls balls in KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, pressing lightly to make cereal stick. Place on 17 x 11 x 1-inch baking sheet lined with wax paper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or just until firm. Dust lightly with cocoa powder.
3. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Let stand at room temperature about 30 minutes before serving. Or, freeze up to 2 weeks for longer storage. Let stand at room temperature about 1 hour before serving.