Rice Krispies™ 4-Layer Bars
Layer everyone's favorites - shortbread, caramel, chocolate, pecans, and Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal - all in one amazing bar cookie.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 bag (14 oz.) vanilla caramels (about 48)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 package (12 oz. or 2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
1. In a large bowl combine butter and brown sugar. Stir in egg yolk. Stir in flour and 1 cup of KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Spread mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan lined with foil. Bake at 350ºF for 18 to 20 minutes or until light brown.
2. In a medium microwave-safe bowl combine caramels and milk. Cook, uncovered, at medium (50% power) for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until melted and smooth.
3. Spread melted caramel atop crust layer. Chill until firm. In a medium bowl place chocolate morsels; cook, uncovered, at medium (50% power) for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring once until melted and smooth. Spread half the chocolate mixture over caramel. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cereal and pecan pieces. Drizzle remaining melted chocolate evenly over cereal mixture. Let stand until chocolate is set. Cut into 24 rectangles (about 3 X 1 1/2 inches).