These classic, old-fashioned cookies are even better in this updated new version. Crispy and sweet, they make a lunchbox surprise or a delicious afternoon pick-me-up. Kids love the fresh vanilla taste and crunchy bite. Yum!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 25 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fat free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
1. Stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl beat together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until thoroughly mixed. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat well. Stir in
3. Shape dough into two 10 1/2-inch-long rolls. Wrap in plastic wrap, covering ends carefully. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm.
4. Slice cookie rolls about 1/4 inch thick and place on ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake at 375°F about 9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.
Chocolate: Stir in 2 squares melted, unsweetened chocolate before add flour
Nutty: Add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts with flour mixture.
Spice: Stir 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ginger, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and
1/4 teaspoon cloves into flour mixture.