Raspberry Struesel Bars
These three-layered fruit bars are ripe with the flavor of sunny, bright summer. Best of all, they're easy to make any time of year, for an instant pick-me-up. With whole-wheat flour and All-Bran® cereal providing fiber, they're delicious as a dessert or an anytime snack.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup red raspberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
1. In medium mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, flours, brown
sugar, soda, salt and cinnamon. Using pastry blender, cut in margarine until mixture
resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water. Mixture will be crumbly. Set aside 1 cup of
mixture for topping. With back of spoon, press remaining mixture firmly in bottom of
9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
2. Spread raspberry preserves evenly over cereal mixture in pan. Sprinkle with
reserved topping mixture.
3. Bake at 350°F about 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. Dust
lightly with powdered sugar before serving.