Quick 'N Easy Tuna Loaf
Love tuna salad? Then give this tasty loaf a try. Canned tuna is flavored with pickle relish in the loaf and a lemon-seasoned sauce tops it off.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cans (7 oz. each) solid pack white tuna drained and flaked
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Original
- Paprika or fresh parsley (optional)
- Egg Sauce
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
1. Combine first eight ingredients in medium-size mixing bowl. Mix well.
Spread evenly in well-greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
2. Bake at 350° F about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika or fresh parsley,
3. While tuna loaf is baking, make Egg Sauce. Melt margarine in small
saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour and salt. Add milk gradually, stirring
until smooth. Increase heat to medium and cook until bubbly and thickened,
stirring constantly. Just before serving, stir in lemon juice and egg.