Quick 'N Easy Salmon Patties with Caper Sauce
Pungent capers add piquancy to the sour cream and mayonnaise sauce topping these easy-to-prepare patties.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 can (1 lb., 2 cups) salmon or other cooked fish
- 4 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely snipped parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped capers
- 2 teaspoons caper juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
1. Drain salmon, reserving liquid. Remove skin, bone and flake. Set aside.
2. In medium mixing bowl, combine salmon, 1/2 cup of the KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal, 1/4 cup salmon liquid, eggs, salt, pepper, parsley and the finely chopped onion. Mix thoroughly. Shape into 12 flat patties, 2 1/2-inches in diameter. Coat with remaining crumbs.
3. In large fry pan or electric fry pan, place small amount of oil or shortening. Cook patties in hot oil on medium temperature, approximately 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown, turning only once. For food safety, the internal temperature of the fish should be a minimum of 145ºF. Serve hot with Caper Sauce.
4. To prepare Caper Sauce, combine all ingredients in small bowl, mixing well. Refrigerate.