Quick Matzo Ball Soup
Using matzo ball mix and a carton of chicken broth speeds the preparation of this classic soup.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 packet (1/2 of 5-oz. pkg.) matzo ball mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 carton (32 oz.) chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup shredded, rotisserie-roasted kosher chicken (optional) (about 3 oz.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
1. Prepare and cook matzo balls according to package directions, except stir parsley into matzo mix before shaping balls.
2. Meanwhile, in large saucepan bring chicken broth, carrots, celery, onions and garlic to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Using slotted spoon, carefully add matzo balls to chicken mixture. Add chicken (if desired). Heat through. Stir in dill and pepper. Ladle into serving bowls.