Quick Fruit Rolls
These updated cinnamon rolls are flavorful and rich, studded with prunes and nuts and generously spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar. They're so quick and easy to make that you can enjoy them fresh from the oven this Sunday morning!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1/2 cup chopped, cooked prunes
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
1. Combine prunes, nuts, brown sugar, the 1/4 teaspoon salt and spices. Set aside.
2. Stir together flour, granulated sguar, baking powder, the 1 1/4 tespoon salt and
sugar. Using pastry blender, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse
crumbs. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand
about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and orange peel. Beat well. Add to
flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Turn dough out on lightly floured board.
Roll out to about 1/2 inch in thickness. Fold in thirds and roll out again to rectangle
18 x 6-inches. Spread with margarine, then with prune mixture. Roll in jelly roll
fashion starting with the widest side, sealing edges. Cut into 1-inch slices. Place
slices cut side down on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 400° F about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove immediately from
baking sheet. Serve hot.