Pumpkin Squash Biscuits
These delicious golden biscuits are the perfect accompaniment to a hearty winter soup or stew. Serve a crisp green salad on the side and you're done! If you're pressed for time, substitute plain canned pumpkin for the fresh squash - they're fantastic either way!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup mashed pumpkin or squash
- 1/2 cup canned plain pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using pastry blender cut in shortening until mixture resemles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
2. Combine pumpkin, milk and KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Turn out on lightly floured board and knead gently 5 times. Roll or pat to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with 1 3/4 inch biscuit cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
3. Bake at 450° F about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.
Yield: 24 biscuits