Pumpkin Spice Bread
This rich, dark, spicy bread is perfect for the holidays - from Halloween to New Year's - whether you're baking it for your own holiday table or giving it as a gift. And it's not just the gift of good taste - it's the gift of good nutrition. A single slice has 50% of your vitamin A! Now that's something to celebrate!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 4 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup solid pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup raisins
1. Stir together flour, sugar, soda, baking powder, salt, and spices in small
mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S COMPLETE Wheat Bran Flakes cereal
and milk. Let stand about 3 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg whites
and oil. Beat well. Add pumpkin and raisins. Stir well. Mix in flour
mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread batter evenly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch
loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350° F about 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center
comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely
on wire rack before slicing.