Pumpkin Carrot Raisin Mini-Muffins
These yummy little muffins are specially designed to get you out of bed! Bursting with antioxidant-rich pumpkin and carrots, studded with chewy raisins, and generously spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice, these little beauties are guaranteed to top your breakfast-favorites list.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, the 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg
and allspice. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, pumpkin, carrot
and raisins. Let stand about 3 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg whites and oil.
Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. (Batter will be thick.) Spoon
batter evenly into twenty-four 1 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
3. To make topping, combine the 2 teaspoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
Sprinkle evenly over each muffin.
4. Bake at 400° F about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.