Prune Struesel Coffeecake
Fiber in the cake and fiber on top! This tasty coffeecake is spiced with cinnamon, studded with plump, juicy prunes, and enriched with a full cup of yogurt to add moisture and ensure a delicate texture. A cake that's nothing short of delicious!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- or 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- or 3/4 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 container (8 oz., 1 cup) plain lowfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely cut prunes
1. For topping, measure first five ingredients into small mixing bowl. Mix with fork
or fingers until crumbly. Set aside for topping.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon and KELLOGG'S
ALL-BRAN BRAN BUDS cereal. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat margarine and granulated sugar until combined. Add
eggs. Beat well. Stir in yogurt. Add flour mixture, mixing thoroughly. Spread half the
batter evenly in 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle half
the prunes and then half the topping evenly over batter. Spread remaining batter
over topping and sprinkle with remaining prunes and topping.
4. Bake at 350° F about 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes
out clean. Serve warm.