Product 19 Salad Toppers
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. In small bowl stir together butter, Italian seasoning, onion salt and pepper. In large bowl place cereal. Drizzle with butter mixture. Gently toss until coated. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place in ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
2. Bake at 250° F for 10 minutes or until dry and crisp. Cool completely. Store in airtight container. Serve over salads, vegetables or soups. Croutons may also be eaten as a snack.
Variation: Mexican Croutons - Substitute 2 tablespoons chili powder and 1/2
teaspoon onion powder for Italian seasoning, onion salt and pepper. Use above
method to prepare.