Potato Onion Escallop
The robust flavor of onion mellows when baked in this creamy potato casserole.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
1. Place onions and potatoes in 3-quart saucepan. Add about 2 cups water and
1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Cover. Bring to boil on medium heat.. Reduce heat and
simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Drain.
2. In 2-quart saucepan, melt margarine over low heat. Remove 1 tablespoon
and mix with KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal. Set aside for topping.
3. To remaining margarine in pan, stir in flour, remaining salt, pepper and paprika.
Add milk, stirring until smooth. Increase heat to medium and cook until mixture boils,
stirring constantly. Continue cooking and stirring 1 minute longer. Remove from heat.
4. Arrange half the potatoes and onions in 10 x 6 x 2-inch (1 1/2 quart) glass baking
dish. Top with half the sauce. Repeat, ending with sauce. Sprinkle cereal mixture
evenly over top.
6. Bake at 350° about 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Serve hot.