Potato Onion Casserole
Kellogg's® Special K® cereal makes a crispy topping on scalloped potatoes.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1/4 cup margarine divided
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Original
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups fat-free milk
1. Melt 2 tablespoons margarine. Combine with KELLOGG'S SPECIAL K cereal. Set aside.
2. Place onions and potatoes in medium-size saucepan. Cover with water. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to boil. Boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Drain.
3. Melt remaining margarine in small saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour, remaining salt, pepper and paprika. Add milk gradually, stirring until smooth. Increase heat to medium and cook until bubbly and thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
4. Arrange half the potatoes and onions in a 1 1/2-quart glass baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with half the sauce. Repeat, ending with the sauce. Sprinkle cereal mixture evenly over the top. Bake at 350° F about 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.