Try a taste of the Orient! This yummy Japanese specialty gets a healthy boost of fiber from All-Bran® cereal. And because our version is baked, rather than fried, it has a leaner profile that makes it a great addition to your weeknight-recipe box.
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 4 (4-5 oz each) pork cutlets
- 1/2 cup Tonkatsu sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten with a teaspoon of water
- 3 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 2 cups shredded cabbage salad
1. Place pork cutlet between two layers of wax paper. Using meat mallet or rolling pin, pound to even thickness of ½ inch. Repeat with remaining cutlets. Place cutlets in gallon zip-top bag. Add ¼ cup Tonkatsu sauce. Place in refrigerator and allow to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. Lightly coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
4. Mix flour, salt and pepper in shallow dish. Set aside.
5. Place egg in another shallow dish. Set aside.
6. Place KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN COMPLETE WHEAT FLAKES cereal in a third shallow dish. Set aside.
7. Remove pork cutlets from marinade. Discard remaining marinade.
8. Dredge each cutlet first in flour, then egg, then cereal, coating each slice well.
9. Place breaded cutlets in single layer in prepared baking dish and bake until meat thermometer registers 160°F, approximately 25-35 minutes.
10. Serve with shredded cabbage salad and additional Tonkatsu sauce for dipping.