Pork Medallions with Bacon-Apple Slaw
When breezes turn brisk and leaves start to fall, your family will love this one-dish dinner. It combines crispy-coated pork tenderloin with bacon- and apple-studded warm coleslaw.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch-thick pieces
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 medium cooking apple, cored and chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups packaged coleslaw mix
1. Place each piece of pork between two pieces of plastic wrap. Use flat side of meat mallet to lightly pound until 1/4-inch thick. In shallow dish combine KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKE Crumbs, salt and pepper. Press pork pieces into crumb mixture, lightly coating both sides.
2. In very large nonstick skillet (12 inch) cook pork pieces in hot oil over medium heat for 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove from skillet. Loosely cover with foil to keep warm.
3. Use paper towel to carefully wipe crumbs out of skillet. In same skillet cook and stir bacon pieces until crisp. Remove bacon, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Discard remaining drippings. Drain bacon pieces on paper towels. Set aside.
4. In small bowl stir together honey, vinegar and caraway seeds. Set aside.
5. Add apple and onion to drippings in skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat about 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in honey mixture. Heat through. Toss with coleslaw mix and bacon pieces.
6. Spoon coleslaw mixture onto serving platter. Top with pork pieces.