Pork Chow Mein
Ginger, soy sauce and sherry give this tender pork chow mein a tangy Asian accent, while packaged cole slaw mix helps get you out of the kitchen in no time. Best of all, this scrumptious dinner dish is served over crunchy All-Bran® cereal for a deliciously unexpected twist.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound lean boneless pork
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 green onions, bias-sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups shredded cole slaw mix
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
1. In small bowl stir together broth, soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch and red pepper. Set aside. Trim fat from pork. Cut into think bite-size strips. Set aside.
2. In wok or large skillet heat oil. Stir fry onions, gingerroot and garlic in oil for 1 minute or until crisp tender. Add half of pork. Stir fry over high heat for 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from wok. Add remaining pork. Stir fry for 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Return all to wok.
3. Stir in broth mixture. Add to pork mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in coleslaw mix. Serve immediately over cereal.