Pork Chops with Spinach Dumplings
A rich tomato sauce and Parmesan-spinach dumplings give Italian panache to these braised pork chops.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 6 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1/3 cup (3-4 oz. can) mushroom pieces and stems
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- or 1/2 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 1 1/4 cups (10 oz. pkg.) frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Brown pork chops in 12-inch fry pan using shortening. Remove chops. Remove
all but 1 tablespoon of drippings. Saute onions and garlic in the 1 tablespoon
drippings. Combine tomato juice, mushrooms and seasonings. Return chops to
fry pan and pour tomato juice mixture over chops. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
2. In small mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal, spinach, the
1/2 teaspoon salt, egg, margarine and cheese. Place a mound of spinach mixture
on each chop. Cover fry pan and simmer 30 minutes longer or until chops are tender.
Serve hot with additional cheese, if desired.